Many resources are available to help you decide which career paths might be of interest to you. However, it is YOUR responsibility to take the time and make the effort to research the various options available to you.
- DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE to think about your future.
- Do well in ALL your classes. Remember - CEGEPS and universities will make a decision about accepting you primarily based on your grades.
- Attend the CEGEP Open Houses – ask questions, take tours, speak with professors and students.
- Visit the Guidance brochure room in the library to find documentation from colleges and universities. You can also use the internet – all schools have a website.
- Become aware of the different programs offered at each CEGEP - - - find out what your available choices are. Create your own “short-list” of the programs you are interested in, and then meet with a Counsellor to help you refine your choice.
- Find out early about the specific prerequisites and requirements for the program(s) you are interested in.
- Make an appointment with a Counsellor to discuss your particular questions or concerns.