Guidance Team 2017-2018
What we do:
Guidance Counsellors are trained professionals who offer career and personal counselling to students on a voluntary basis. They help students thrive academically, personally and socially, and assist them in exploring their post-secondary options. Students are invited to request an appointment if they would like to talk about… anything. Conversations with a Guidance Counsellor are confidential. Note that students who are under 14 years old need their parents’ permission for ongoing counselling.
Some topics you might want to discuss with a Guidance Counsellor include:
- Making friends
- Family difficulties (with parents, siblings, illness, loss, conflict, divorce, etc.)
- Feeling stressed, anxious, depressed, sad, angry, etc.
- Bullying, social drama, self-esteem, self-confidence
- Academic difficulties (time management, tutoring, etc.)
- Questions about you future: CEGEP information, indecision about career path, etc.
- ANYTHING else… nothing is considered “out of bounds” when speaking with a Guidance Counsellor
How to request an appointment with a Guidance Counsellor:
- Complete a “Request for Appointment” form, which you can find in the Cycle1 and 2 offices
- Place the completed form in the box provided
- A Guidance Counsellor will schedule an appointment with you